Wednesday, March 21, 2007

2007 UVA International Executive Program: Copenhagen, Denmark

I am finishing up a Master of Science Degree in Managing Information Technology at the University of Virginia's McIntire School of Commerce. This year, for the first time, they offered an optional International Executive program in Copenhagen, Denmark. Our chance to travel overseas and learn how our European IT counterparts manage Innovation and Globalization in the new "flat world" economy.

This blog will chronicle my daily experiences but will be mercifully light on the classroom details (you're welcome). Much of the work was outside of the classroom anyway, as you'll read. The Danish culture is not at all what I expected, and we'll get into that as well.

Keep checking back as I plan to add entries every day. If you have any questions just post a comment and I'll be glad to answer them.

Thanks for reading!


3 comments:

Krishna said...

I look forward to reading the blog and will link it to eponymous.

ron hickman said...

So, does Carlsberg beer taste "fresher" in Denmak
than it does here ?

SomeGuyInVA said...

I'm not sure if it tastes fresher, but it definitely tastes great- mild and full of flavor- and it is on tap everywhere. More about Carlsberg on Wednesday's post.